Fabricator Project of the Year Awards
Recognising excellence in Australian design and fabrication of stainless steel.
The Awards Program was launched in 2017, and in 2019 three award categories were introduced for presentation:
Architecture Building and ConstructionInfrastructure, structural applications, exterior and interior use of stainless steel in buildings, street furniture, public art and sculptures.
- Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical
Plant and equipment for processing of goods for human consumption.
- Process Industries
Mining and minerals processing, water and wastewater infrastructure, industrial plant and applications.
Award winners are impartially judged by a committee of the ASSDA Executive and its consultants based on the following criteria:
- Excellence - Exceptional work, concepts and execution
- Innovation - Creativity, originality and advancement
- Quality - Productivity and customer service delivered
- Sustainability and Environmental Considerations - Minimising your carbon footprint
Past Fabricator Project of the Year Award Winners
- 2017: Stoddart - Sydney's Wynyard Walk Project
- 2018: Furphy Engineering and TFG Group - Fuchs Lubricants Plant Expansion Project
- 2019 Architecture, Building and Construction: Minnis & Samson - Cherry, The Star Gold Coast
- 2019 Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical: A&G Engineering - Weilong Wines Project
- 2019 Process Industries: AWMA Water Control Solutions - Murray Irrigation PIIOP Round 3 Project
- 2022 Architecture, Building and Construction: Arcus Wire Group - Duplex Wire Rope Cable Solution for Israel's Hydropower Station
- 2022 Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical: Pure Piping - CSIRO GMP Facility, Clayton VIC
- 2022 Process Industries: AWMA Water Control Solutions - Fish-friendly Screen Replacement for the Rangitata Diversion Race, NZ
- 2023 Architecture, Building and Construction: Mack Bros Roofing Products - Queenscliff Ferry Terminal
- 2023 Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical: Pure Piping - Project Hawara, CSL Global Headquarters
- 2023 Process Industries: TFG Group - Horsley Park Mixing Plant
Due to COVID-19, the 2020 and 2021 Awards Presentation was cancelled.
Supplier of the Year Awards
Recognising excellence in supply performance
The ASSDA Flat Product Supplier of the Year and ASSDA Long Product Supplier of the Year are the two awards presented under the supplier category. Nominees and award winners are determined by a committee of ASSDA Distributor Members from the Platinum, Gold and Silver Membership. Award winners are selected based on the following supply performance criteria:
- Delivery and service
- Responsiveness and flexibility
Past Stainless Steel Supplier of the Year Award Winners
- 2017 Long Product Supplier of the Year: YC Inox Co., Ltd.
- 2017 Flat Product Supplier of the Year: YC Inox Co., Ltd.
- 2018 Long Product Supplier of the Year: YC Inox Co., Ltd.
- 2018: Flat Product Supplier of the Year: Daming International Holdings Ltd.
Due to COVID-19, the 2020 Awards Presentation was cancelled.