ASSDA Webinar: Stainless steel in contact with other metals
Tuesday 23 October 2018, 11.30 AEDT
NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT: 11.30am - 12.30pm (AEDT)
QLD: 10.30am - 11.30am (AEST)
SA: 11.00am - 12.00pm (ACDT)
WA: 8.30am - 9.30am (AWST)
NT: 10.00am - 11.00am (ACST)
Registration: $45/person ASSDA, ASSDA Accredited and EA Members, $85/person all Non-Members
Please scroll down the page for the online registration form.
Stainless steel screws are widely used to fasten metal cladding and timber to structural steels, but
there still seems to be concern about corrosion whenever there is a bimetallic contact. There is more than the presence of metals in contact to consider and this webinar will tease out the critical factors that can cause corrosion while disentangling their interactions.
Topics covered include:
- The four steps of a corrosion loop
- The galvanic series and where the different stainless steels fit
- The effect of wetted area ratios and indirect metallic connections
- Atmospheric, marine, potable water and industrial environments
- Insulation, isolation or material change - which are possible?
- How far can glavanic effects travel down a pipe?
- What is the relationship between electrolysis and galvanic corrosion?
- When is dissimilar metal contact beneficial?
- Standards and codes of practice
- Classic examples of good and bad galvanic couples
- Consideration of any examples provided by attendees BEFORE the webinar
Presenter: Dr Graham Sussex, Technical Specialist
Graham is a materials expert with over 30 years experience and more than 600 technical publications to his name. Stainless steel is his specialty.
Cost: $45/person ASSDA, ASSDA Accredited and Engineers Australia members, $85/person non-members
This webinar will be hosted online via WebEx.
Details of the webinar access details will be emailed once you have registered using the online form below. If you have any questions, please contact ASSDA on 07 3220 0722 or email@example.com.
NOTE: This webinar is capped at 45 registrations. Early registration is encouraged. First in, first served policy.
Please select your preferred payment option. Credit Card payments are processed securely in real-time.
Click submit to register and continue to payment.
Cancellations within 7 working days of the event will be charged at full price. Replacement delegates may be sent in lieu of cancellation. The organisers reserve the right to cancel workshops due to insufficient registrations or other reasons beyond their control.