ASSDA Webinar: Duplex stainless steels - Inside out
Tuesday 13 March 2018
Registration: $45/person ASSDA, ASSDA Accredited and EA Members, $85/person all Non-Members
(Please scroll down the page for the online registration form)
Stainless steels have been in use for more than 100 years. Overwhelmingly, the most common type is the familiar austenitics, but the duplex grades considered in this webinar were first developed in the 1930s. It required the development of the Argon Oxygen Decarburisation (AOD) process in the 1970s before the use of duplex grades really started to grow. From applications in the chemical industry, oil and gas plus other niche applications, duplex is now widely used as a stronger and viable alternative to some austenitics and, in some circumstances, as an economical alternative to coated or galvanised mild steel.
Topics covered include:
- Why is it called duplex and is it really stainless steel?
- The history of its development into the family of duplex grades including multiple examples of its use
- Typical mechanical and physical properties
- Property comparisons to other stainless steel families and where they provide an advantage
- Corrosion resistance of the duplex grades with examples drawn from industry
- Handling and fabrication of duplex grades and some specific precautions
- Considerations of typical work instructions and pointers to additional assistance
Presenter: Dr Graham Sussex, Technical Specialist
Graham is a materials expert with over 30 years experience and more than 600 technical publications to his name. Stainless steel is his specialty.
This webinar will be hosted online via WebEx.
Details of the webinar access details will be emailed once you have registered using the online form below. If you have any questions, please contact ASSDA on 07 3220 0722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo courtesy of Outokumpu.
NOTE: This webinar is capped at 30 registrations. Early registration is encouraged. First in, first served policy.
Please select your preferred payment option. Credit Card payments are processed securely in real-time.
Click submit to register and continue to payment.
Cancellations within 7 working days of the event will be charged at full price. Replacement delegates may be sent in lieu of cancellation. The organisers reserve the right to cancel workshops due to insufficient registrations or other reasons beyond their control.